Three Kings Accounting Limited is committed to protecting and respecting the personal data that we hold. This privacy statement describes why and how we collect and use personal data and provides information about individuals’ rights. It applies to personal data provided to us, both by individuals themselves or by others on behalf of individuals. We may use personal data provided to us for the purposes described in this privacy statement or as made clear in another form before collecting personal data.
- We may hold your own or your client’s details which may include names, private addresses, date of birth, tax and NI references, company number (if applicable), employer’s reference and name (if applicable), business details (if applicable) and details of past and present taxable income and gains and data on other taxes.
- We hold this data to allow us to provide accountancy and tax compliance and tax advisory services (if applicable).
- We also hold data in order to make ID checks under the Money Laundering Regulations, this may include a copy of your passport or driving licence and evidence of your address.
- We retain data for as long as statute or regulations demand.
- We hold data electronically and on paper.
- We normally destroy files after six years.
- Our computer hard drives are destroyed before disposal.
- We do not allow any third party access to our data, however, our IT support (outsourced) may work on software programmes that hold that data such as our databases.
- We store data via third party servers and we use applications including Dropbox, Microsoft and Google products.
- Data held on third party servers is highly protected by security features including firewalls, regular scans against malware and measures to prevent SQL injection.
- We process and store data using our tax and accounting software, such software may be located ‘in the Cloud’ and if so we rely on the software provider’s security features and all access is password protected.
- When software is installed on our local machines all software is password protected.
- We prohibit the use of memory sticks to hold client data. If you provide us with a memory stick we will not transport it out of our office.
- We will only share data with HMRC and HM Courts and Tribunal’s service, during the course of an enquiry or investigation or tax appeal or other reasons if:
a) We authorised to do so by the taxpayer, or
b) In the case of a Schedule 36 FA 2008 Information Notice, we have either been so authorised by a tribunal or we are compelled to provide data under the terms of a third party notice, or
c) We are obliged by other regulations to provide data.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- In case you would like to exercise any of your GDPR related rights (the right to access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing and right to data portability) please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- We may use third party contractors in our business and they are required to sign a ‘Fit and proper’ declaration which includes a declaration that they will not remove data or pass on data to other parties.
- We maintain a database that contains the details of users of our website. The details that we retain are as input by you when you registered with our website. We retain this information as required for billing and to contact you.
- Our website allows us to track user data for our own analytical purposes. We track users by name (when logged in), by IP address, according to which device you are using (whether you are logged in or not) and by device location.
- We do not sell our website data or allow any third party access to our data or our database of users.
- Our website data is hosted on third party servers which are protected by firewalls, encryption and access to our servers is protected by password protection applications.
- Our hosting offers technical support and support technicians and our web developers may require access to the full back-end of our website. We place reliance on their own security measures when they access our data.
Data Controller & Contact Information
The data controller for Three Kings Accounting is Three Kings Accounting Limited (the limited company registered in England under registration no. 06063047 and with its registration address at Suit 6, Dukes House, 4-6 High Street, Windsor SL4 1LD).
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or how and why we process personal data, please contact us at email@example.com
Changes to our Privacy Statement
Updates to this privacy statement will appear on this website. This privacy statement was last updated on 8th June 2018.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner.